Frequently Asked Questions
Rocket Mortgage is a brokerage, offering a variety of mortgage options. Just tell us about yourself, your home and your finances, and we’ll give you real interest rates and numbers – not just our best guess. We have a large lending network to ensure you have access to the best mortgage options in the market with a fast, easy and convenient application process.
By negotiating rates from a diverse group of trusted lending partners, we can offer flexible options at lower rates than our competitors.
Rocket Mortgage® lets you work at your own pace, while providing highly rated customer service and expert advice. It lets you apply online, anytime, at your convenience.
If you’re buying a home, here’s when we recommend using Rocket Mortgage®:
- You’re just starting your home search.
- You have a home in mind and want to make an offer.
- You already have a signed purchase agreement.
If you’re refinancing, here’s when you can use Rocket Mortgage®:
- You need to get cash out of your home.
- You want to lower your monthly payment.
- You’re interested in a different loan term.
If you’re renewing, here’s when you can use Rocket Mortgage®:
- You’d like to work with a company who puts client experience first.
- You want to lower your rate & monthly payment.
- You’d like to compare the rate & term offered by your current lender.
If you’re just trying to find out what you can afford, we recommend using our Home Affordability Calculator.
If you’re thinking about refinancing and are just looking for payment estimates, check out our Monthly Payment Calculator.
No. You will enjoy a completely digital mortgage experience from the comforts of your home. Apply Now
We use industry-recognized security safeguards to protect your data. Our security team and technology adhere to the high standards of the Rocket Family of Companies.
You can use Rocket Mortgage to get a mortgage in all provinces and territories.
Most people use Rocket Mortgage® to buy or refinance:
- A single-family home
- A second home or investment property
- A condo
We do provide mortgages for other less common property types. If you want to buy or refinance something not mentioned above, reach out to an agent today.
To start applying with Rocket Mortgage®, we recommend you have the following information on hand:
- Contact info for each person that will be on the loan
- Details about how much money is in each account you want us to consider for your approval (e.g., checking and savings accounts, retirement accounts, stocks, and other assets)
- Your income and employer information